Business Law ~ Copyright ~ Trademark ~ Real Estate ~ Trusts & Estates
Our growing Chatham law firm is looking to grow our team with high performing superstars who want a rewarding, long-term opportunity. We currently want to hire an associate attorney, legal assistant/paralegal, and an administrative assistant.
• 2+ years of law firm experience is a must for all positions
• Notary Public a definite plus
• For the associate position: elder law estate planning experience required; real estate, corporate law, trademark, copyright, employment law, and probate experience a definite plus
• For the paralegal position: real estate experience required; estate planning, corporate law, trademark, copyright and probate experience a definite plus
• For the administrative assistant position: administrative experience required; HR, sales, marketing and client intake experience a definite plus
WHO IS THE AWESOME PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR TO FILL THESE POSITIONS?
• Does the thought of building a plane while it is flying sound exhilarating or invigorating?
• Are you energized by a fast-paced, dynamic, and rapid-changing work environment?
• Are you a wizard at wearing many hats and managing lots of moving pieces?
• Are you able roll with the unexpected and can be flexible with your expectations?
• Are you motivated by demanding but rewarding work?
• Are you comfortable with high, but reasonable expectations?
• Are you consistently able to follow complex, detailed instructions and assignments?
• Are you top-notch at managing and completing many simultaneous deadlines?
• Are you inspired to learn and creatively solve problems you don’t understand?
• Are you eager to ask for help or clarification so you can achieve big results?
• Are you skilled at professional yet persistent confrontation?
If you answered yes to these questions, you’re in the right place. Keep reading!
WHO DO WE WANT TO AVOID?
Please DO NOT apply for this position if:
• The thought of building the plane while it is flying sounds terrifying
• You are energized by the thought of a stable, static, and repetitive, work environment
• You prefer to work on one task or type of task at a time
• You get derailed by unexpected events or unmet expectations
• You are stressed out by high expectations or demanding work
• You get overwhelmed by complex, detailed instructions
• You function best with flexible or minimal deadlines
• You are intimidated by what you don’t understand
• You are too proud or embarrassed to ask for help or explanations
• Confrontation or conflict make you cringe or feel super uncomfortable
If these things describe you, please stop reading. This does not make you a bad person or a bad employee, but it does mean you will not be happy here. We promise. And we want both of us to be happy. We wish you all the best in finding a different environment where you can really soar!
If after thoroughly reading this brief description, and the description of our practice areas, you think we would be a good fit for each other and want to learn more about this position, our firm, and the specific experience, traits, qualifications, and personality we’re looking for, please email a .pdf resume to email@example.com with your first and last name in caps, spelled backwards, followed by the phrase “is ready to join the team!” in lowercase. For example, if your name is Jane Doe, the subject line of your email should read exactly as follows: ENAJ EOD is ready to join the team! In the body of your email please provide the following dates:
1. First possible start date
2. Ideal start date
3. Latest possible start date
If you successfully manage this step and qualify, we will reply by email with what is likely one of the longest, most honest, and detailed employment ads you will ever see. We take this approach so you don’t waste your time interviewing and applying for a job that you don’t really want. We're excited to hear from you and wish you all the best in the process!